Friday, August 29, 2008

That inner voice.......

If you hear a voice within you saying "You are not a painter," then by all means paint...and that voice will be silenced.

-Vincent Van Gogh

I love this quote! Wouldn't this be true of many things? If the voice says, "You are not a _________," then by all means DO IT, and that voice will be silenced!

I wonder if it really works that way, though. Because, I would then have a SECOND voice that says, "Maybe you are doing __________, but you are a fraud!"

Ahhh, the eternal quest, to silence the voice within.

2 comments:

Cath said...

I love this quote! My inner voice says "you cannot lose weight" and "you cannot write" -- here's to doing both!

Bea said...

This post is hilarious. My goal in life is to stifle the inner voice so I can hear the "still small voice." Cheers.