Thursday, August 9, 2007

Welcome to my new page!

I have finally decided to put something in my blog!!! Thank you dear Bea for looking for posts at this spot. I have been enjoying reading some really insightful posts at Dear Ethel, Angry Fat Girls, Half of Me, Car on the Hill, and Another Weight Watchers Blog. These ladies have some of the most well written commentaries on weight loss I have ever read.



It cannot be overstated how much inspiration I have gotten from these ladies. Maybe, just maybe, I might be getting the gumption to start trying to lose this excess tonnage once and for all. But, oh, how tiring it is to even think about beginning the whole process. And the deprivation -- yes deprivation -- it would mean for me. Do the math -- calories in must, must, MUST be fewer than calories out. When you are 85 pounds overweight, as I am, that means that I must run a 297,500 calorie deficit to lose this albatross!!! That sounds more like the national debt than a weight loss plan. (How far would I have to walk to burn 297,500 calories?) Even if you know, please don't tell me -- it would be too depressing!

No comments: