Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sick -- AGAIN!!!

I am so tired of fighting every damn virus that comes across my path. This is my third illness this school year, and it's not even Thanksgiving! I have been dragging around the house like some huge, disgusting slug for the past four days. The weekend was a total wash-out, and I got absolutely nothing done! My head feels like a weighs seventy pounds, and every time I swallow, it feels like my head will implode because my ears are so plugged up. Why, oh why can't they find something to make colds go away?

In case you're wondering -- YES, I do wash my hands. Like, a thousand times a day. My skin is so dry from it, the knuckles are cracking and bleeding! But, what are you going to do when a first grader sneezes directly into your eyes? Spray Windex in them? (Think My Big Fat Greek Wedding)

Anyway, Thanksgiving break is only six more school days away, and I could REALLY use to break to allow my poor beleaguered immune system to ramp back up. I could also use the time to try to start a new exercise program -- that should also do wonders for my tired immune system as well. Can't hurt to try, can it?

1 comment:

Erin said...

I used up every single one of my sick and personal days last year, and I never felt like I shook off the illnesses until school started again this year. I think I've developed enough antibodies to fight the viruses this time around, but I've also found that the second I feel symptoms of cold or flu or sinus, taking two doses of Airborne one right after the other seems to have a tremendous mitigating effect on the symptoms and I usually don't get any worse.

Happy Thanksgiving break (finally!). I'm completely feeling the same burnout you are too...I watched the clock all day today until school was out.

Hope you're feeling better.