Friday, October 26, 2007

Oops, I did it again!

I knew it, I knew it, I just KNEW it!!! Damn it all to Hell -- why can't I ever maintain momentum for any length of time? I am wife, mother, lover, referee, entertainment coordinator, artist, chauffeur, laundress, cook, housekeeper, nanny, teacher, banker, friend, confidante, professional shopper, budget planner, retirement planner, administrator, attorney, judge, and jury -- all rolled into one BIG fat package.

I know that sounds like a lot of jobs, but this list is by no means exhaustive! (Though exhausting, maybe!) It might seem impossible, but I am quite proficient at ALL of the above. What I am not proficient at is: successful dieter, exerciser, fitness aficionado. And this is my undoing. How is it possible to be so successful in every area of one's life, and have one single area just kill the rest?

Sure enough, I've been on a post trick-or-treat candy binge. It's also "that time" of the month again! It feels like some alien being invades my body. Really!! It's like "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" -- with the alien's quest being the ingestion of every single carbohydrate on the planet!!! I've just gotta get back on the wagon, and subjugate this beast before I come undone.

Please tell me how you find the motivation to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again!

2 comments:

L. Lemanski said...

Just don't quit quitting! My sister sounds a lot like you. She's an English teacher in Nashville and struggling with her weight, though extremely successful in all other areas in her life. She's starting a blog about her ups and downs. Have you sought out other blogs by others who are struggling?

I am "recovering" from a pregnancy. I have really enjoyed Hungry-Girl.com for some great "no pressure" tips/ideas I've really put to use. I can't stand pressure!

I know this doesn't help much--Lord knows you probably get advice from every corner of the universe. Know you are not alone! Good luck!

L. Lemanski said...

Check this out: http://a.webring.com/hub?ring=weightlossjourna