Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring is officially here!

What a fantastic Easter!!! Started the morning at church, which was so enjoyable. The music and the singing were very uplifting. The sacrament was moving and the perfect start to the day.

We had ten for dinner, and even with all the prep. and the mess, and the general confusion of the day, I didn't feel stressed at all! The children also had a wonderful time.

Though I ate more than I really needed to, I did not end this day with the self-loathing that I normally feel after spending the day with my family of origin. None of the old "button pushing" or sniping. None of the compulsive stuffing down of feelings. I feel good about myself, good about my family, good about our Easter party! What a refreshing change.

The only niggling thought I have is this: What did my mother tell the rest of the family about why we weren't there today? She would NEVER, in a million years, admit that there might be a "problem", so this has been on my mind somewhat today. Oh, to be a fly on the wall!

2 comments:

Bea said...

Hi Nory, I am not dead, I have just been acting like it! I am catching up on every-one's posts. Yours are tres interesting. We could let our families Have Easter together and duke it out and we could relax and eat out. We had Easter alone and it was great.

More later. I am way behind in my reading. Bea

ar said...

Am so happy you had a wonderful Easter Nory. Think I can relate completely to making a decision for an improved life by virtue of shutting something negative out of your life, however at the same time yearning for it too. The dynamics of family and how we relate to the dynamics consciously and sub-consciously is so bizarre, puzzling and frustrating. Discovered some of that while I was on my week's trip in South Africa. Sort of unsettled me without consciously thinking about it, and brought me very close to binge's door. I.e. reaching out for comforting food.