Tuesday, February 5, 2008

So, so sad.......

I am so, so sad this night. A dear friend of mine was hospitalized yesterday. His behavior had become increasingly bizarre and disturbing. Outrageous mood swings and wild talk and behavior. Those close to him felt he was going mad. But what to do? Was he a danger to himself? To others? What a hard call to make! His brother finally intervened and had him checked out. The counselor immediately sent him to the hospital for tests......he has a brain tumor!!! Sweet Jesus -- please be with him. Please forgive me for thinking him mad. Pray for my friend.

1 comment:

Bea said...

I am so sorry about your friend. The nurse in me says brain tumors are often curable. The Christian in me says the same thing.

I have been thinking about fasting. Don't you think it is sort of self serving and not Christ serving to fast to lose weight? I just can not seem to get control of my out of control eating. In my blog I joked about praying about my fat. I was not joking. I have been praying about it. I also keep running into stuff about fasting. Scares the life out of me. Please write more on this subject. Thanks