Monday, September 29, 2008

Rounding out the month.......

So......Last day of September tomorrow. My husband has been sick with a cold for the past week. Not sick enough to call off work. But sick enough to really bother his joints. He has a rheumatoid condition, and when he gets a viral infection, his joints are always really sore.

I woke up this morning feeling "sinus-y" and immediately began taking Airborne. Hope it works, because my youngest already has caught my husband's cold. If I get it, it's almost sure to become pneumonia again. Have had it twice in the past year, and feel like my resistance is really down just now.

If you are keeping score, we have been in school for five weeks now, and have not had even ONE week (or ONE DAY) where at least one member of my family was not sick. This is really wearing me down. Trying to keep the kids healthy enough to go to school. Trying to recover from my own illness. Trying to keep the family ship afloat. It's wearing me out, I'll tell ya! If one of the kids isn't sick, one of us is fighting a new illness.

Just found out yet another of my students has strep! Of course, he was back in school bright and early this morning. Fell asleep on his desk this afternoon. A LITTLE HELP HERE??? KEEP HIM H-O-M-E!!! None of us need to fight off those germs, and he doesn't feel well enough to be in school......so much for administrative policies on illness!!!

6 comments:

Bea said...

Maybe you could wear a Haz-Mat suit to class. Would cover you from head toe and keep the germs at bay.

I am drinking Emergen-c every morning, and thanking my lucky stars I am not out in the public. Take care.

Nory Roth said...

Bea,

We've all been joking about that very thing in our building! We think it should be part of the mandated uniform! That, and a lifetime supply of Airborne or Emergen-C.

Bea said...

Nory Roth where are you? Inquiring minds want to know? Did the strep kill you?

Akita inu said...

Hello Nory,long time!
I took off the previous blog and started the new one.Here is the address:http://christian-555.blogspot.com/

Akita inu said...

Hello!
Long time no see!

How are you?

I'm going to go to my old high school for teaching practice for two weeks somewhere in June.

I really hope you are doing well.

yoshiki

Akita inu said...

hello Nory!

I've renewed my blog completely.
In this new blog,I'm going to write more about Jesus Christ as our savior.Please visit this!
yoshiki