Wednesday, June 18, 2008

One week down.......forever to go!

One week into the Rice Diet, and I'm feeling pretty good! I've dumped ten ugly pounds (of mostly water) and have reigned in my appetite. There has only been one occasion where I could not eat "on plan" and I chose to have a simple grilled chicken salad with some dried fruit and nuts. I must say that it was one of the most delicious salads I have had in some time.

Because I have been eating nothing but fruit and rice, my taste buds seem to have been "re-booted". When that first bite of grilled chicken and salad hit my mouth -- POW!!! Did that ever taste good! It was so satisfying, and stayed with me for a very long time (mostly thanks to the nuts and protein). Today, it was back to rice and fruit, and did not seem overly difficult.

Tomorrow night, I must attend a function for one of my children which will include dinner. They are having grilled chicken and baked potatoes, so as long as I take off the skin, and eat the potato "naked", I should be alright. Hopefully, there won't be any desserts to tempt me!

No comments: