Saturday, June 21, 2008

When life gets in the way......

It's amazing how many social situations come up when you're trying to work a new program! I can sometimes go MONTHS without a single social obligation. But, just let me try to start a diet -- and WHAM! -- several invitations per WEEK!!!

I must say that my mind has been in a good place in spite of the various outings that I have had since becoming a "Ricer". When I have a situation that is not "Rice friendly", I just eat what is served, and go back to Ricing at the next meal. I simply refuse to give up on this new plan. But I am realistic enough to know that it is nearly impossible to follow Phase I in social situations. So, I just try to stay sane around the non-Rice foods, and pick up where I left off the next day.

The only really negative thing that has happened is that I tend to hold fluid for a day or two following the non-Rice meal. I find it a little disappointing to break Phase I for any reason, because I wanted to see just how effective this plan would be for me. And, I had planned to do a solid three weeks on Phase I. So far, this Phase has been broken three times! Not that I've gone crazy or anything, it just messes with the whole induction to the dieta.

I kind of have a plan in the back of my head to keep up with Phase I until I finally add up 21 consecutive days. No breaks, no cheats. Wonder how long that will take? My son's birthday party is tomorrow, and the 4th of July is only 13 days away, which will mean another break! I hope I can get a solid 21 days by the end of summer break!

Should be an interesting summer! Happy solstice to you! Is anyone else in a radical place like me?

No comments: