Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bloody HELL this is HARD!!!

I cannot, in recent memory, recall having SO many social obligations. This weekend was very, very tough. I had two parties to attend, and ate everything they served, including cake. I find myself feeling bloated, depressed, and disappointed. Rationally, I know that tomorrow is another day, and that I can just pick up where I left off and start Ricing again. But, I was making such good progress. And I was feeling so good. And I was exercising every day. But not this weekend. How easily I am derailed.

On a more positive note, I have been logging all of my intake. Because the Rice Diet is so spartan, I have a whole raft of calories in my "bank". So, even with all of the extra calories I consumed this weekend, I still have a nice balance to the positive. This means that I have not done irreparable damage to my extended plan, and can still conceivably achieve my ultimate goal. That is, IF I get back on track!

I am still trying for 21 consecutive clean eating Rice days. The fourth is on Friday, so I don't think this week will be good either. However, I have volunteered to bring fresh fruit salad to our outing, so there is little excuse to quit the program for lack of a suitable option. I can just bring the rice with me. Not sure I am up for that kind of scrutiny from my husband's family. But since we see them so seldom, I am also not sure I really give a rat's ass WHAT they think!!! I'll really have to steel my resolve to eat the way I feel I must in order to withstand the temptation. What will probably happen, is that I will crumble in my resolve the second we arrive, and I will just try to limit the damage. So much for 21 clean days.......

No comments: