Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Phase Two

So.....Here we are, several weeks into the Rice program. The diet itself is very simple. Staying on program is really tough. Life keeps throwing curve balls at me, yet I have been able to keep plugging on.

The lack of sodium in this diet is causing me to dump fluid weight like gangbusters. But, it is also causing my blood pressure to drop precipitously. Just getting out of bed in the morning is a room-spinning experience. This should have eased after the first few days, but seems to be about the same, or maybe a little worse this week. So, today I decided to move on to Phase Two, which adds a bit more sodium from whole grain bread, a few olives if I choose, or a bit of Parmesan cheese. WOW! Do I feel better! The added sodium has normalized my B.P. quite a bit, and the whole grains and beans that have been added to the diet are so much more filling, and they stay with me quite a bit longer.

The weight is not coming off as quickly as I had hoped. But I am down about 12 pounds over the past six weeks. I have not felt deprived, nor have I become unhinged if I ate off program. This is new for me. I wonder if the combination of this blog and Diet Power are part of the reason? Both are keeping me very accountable. Yep, Diet Power and my two readers......

1 comment:

Akita inu said...

I had maitained my weight of 55kg for all of 10 years,however,I've gained 20 or slightly more kg within the last 2 years!! I work for a seven eleven,and we clean shelves when sandwiches,pastas,corndogs.etc are left unsold. We can brign them home.Thanks to this, I eat and eat these unsold convinience sotre's high caloried foods every day,then I've became bigger. I'm working on a diet and I have decided no to bring the unsold foods back home.

Btw, I'll print out this entry and ask our British missionary about a few expressions for my study that I can't understand.

Your blog is my english text book!!