Sunday, July 27, 2008

Rice Redux

This has not been a particularly good week for me diet-wise. All I can do is begin again from where I am. My most successful period in the past three months has been when I was eating vegan on the Rice Diet. I think that I shall pick up where I began in June, and try for as many consecutive clean eating days as possible. The loss of fluid would feel wonderful in this awful heat. I also long for the clear-headed feeling of losing the excess sugar/salt/caffeine of the past week or so.

Another happy by-product of the Rice Diet is the initial exhaustion/sound sleep that accompanies the detox. Not that I enjoy being wrung out. But that was some of the best sleep I have had in a long time! (I have long thought that if we could get all of the insomniac peri-menopausal women together when we were not sleeping, we could rule the world!)

The other component that I simply MUST add is daily exercise. This mountain will not be moved unless, and until I decide to exercise consistently. Hopefully, that will not only help with the weight loss, but will also contribute to better sleep, and improved mood.

Ever hopeful........

2 comments:

Bea said...

Dear Hopeful, walk, outside. Unless there is no place to walk and/or if it is unsafe. I started by walking around the track at our local high school after work. Then I graduated to walking around the gym (winter.) Now I walk outside down a country road at 5:30 in the morning. And on a treadmill in the bathroom in the winter. (I hate winter.)

I can't cope with all the weights and bands and balls and memberships and machines. To walk all I need is me. Bye.

Akita inu said...

Hello Nory,

I had been in Tokyo for a week,so I couldn't write a reply to your comment on my post soon.I'm sorry.

Now I wrote a reply,hope you read it.

You have never offenede me!

But I'm reall sorry to have you worried.